Some of my accomplishments:
- I have lost 80 lbs (officially 79 at weigh in, but 80 as of this morning, and before Christmas).
- I started and completed the Couch to 5K running program.
- I can now run a 10K without stopping to walk, longest run to date is 6.5 miles.
- I can run for an hour on the treadmill, all the while staring at a red wall.
- I have run a mile in less than 10 minutes.
- I have gone from a tight size 18 to a comfortable size 10.
Some things I've learned:
- My passion for cooking is coupled with my passion for eating. The less I cook (new, fancy recipes), the better off I am.
- I can accomplish that which I put my mind to.
- I don't actually want to be skinny, I want to be fit and healthy.
- I actually like running in the cold weather.
Some goals to reach in 2011:
- I want to reach my goal weight of 136.8 and learn about maintenance.
- I want to run (on average) a 10 minute mile pace.
- I want to run Bloomsday in May (a 12K) without stopping to walk, even on the dreaded Doomsday hill!
- I want to run 10 miles without stopping to walk.
- Mostly I want to make it through winter intact, still running, and weighing less.
Now, on to year 2! There will be more accomplishments, and more learning, and more goals. As long as I'm moving forward, I'll be happy. Of course I'd like to reach my goal weight like tomorrow, and run those 10 miles like next week, but one day at a time....
Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate it so much!